Genome Editing: All Things Considered
April 23-27, 2018
Abstract deadline: March 2, 2018
Jens Boch, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Germany
Paula Cannon, University of Southern California, USA
Jin-Soo Kim, Seoul National University, South Korea
Wensheng Wei, Peking University, China
We are pleased to announce the Cold Spring Harbor Asia conference on Genome Editing: All Things Considered which will be held in Suzhou, China, located approximately 60 miles west of Shanghai. The conference will begin at 7:00pm on the evening of Monday April 23, and will conclude after lunch on April 27, 2018.
The conference will include eight oral sessions and one poster session covering the latest findings across many topics in genome editing. Many talks will be selected from the openly submitted abstracts on the basis of scientific merit and relevance. Social events throughout the conference provide ample opportunity for informal interactions.
1. New developments in genome editing: methods and tools
2. Mechanistic studies related to genome editing
3. High-throughput screening & target discovery
4. Repurposing of genome editing
5. Genome editing in animals and plants
6. Therapeutic application
7. Genome writing and synthetic biology
8. All things considered
Keynote Speakers (Speaker, Affiliation, COUNTRY/Region）:
Jian-Kang Zhu, Shanghai Center for Plant Stress Biology, CHINA
Abstract title: Strategies for Precision Gene Editing in Plants
Invited Speakers (Speaker, Affiliation, COUNTRY/Region）:
Michael Bassik, Stanford University, USA
Abstract title: Development of new CRISPR/Cas9-based tools to study drug interactions through knockout and directed evolution
Jens Boch, Leibniz University Hannover, GERMANY
Abstract title: Editing plant genomes for pathogen resistance
Xing Chang, Shanghai Institute of Biological Sciences, CAS, CHINA
Abstract title: Genome editing using CRISPR-guided cytidine deaminase
Jia Chen, ShanghaiTech University, CHINA
Abstract title: APOBEC: from mutator to editor
Le Cong, Broad Institute of MIT & Harvard, USA
Caixia Gao, Institute of Genetics & Developmental Biology, CAS, CHINA
Eric Hendrickson, University of Minnesota, USA
Abstract title: The mechanisms of precise genome editing using oligonucleotide donors.
Zhiwei Huang, Harbin Institute of Technology, CHINA
Abstract title: The mechanism of SpyCas9 inhibition by an anti-CRISPR protein
Qingzhou Ji, MilliporeSigma, USA
Abstract title: Enhanced Specificity and Efficiency of CRISPR/Cas9 for Precise Genome Editing
Weizhi Ji, Yunnan Key Laboratory of Primate Biomedical Research, CHINA
Hyongbum Kim, Yonsei University College of Medicine, SOUTH KOREA
Abstract title: Highly accurate prediction of CRISPR-Cpf1 activity
Jin-Soo Kim, Seoul National University, SOUTH KOREA
Bon-Kyoung Koo, IMBA, AUSTRIA
Abstract title: CRISPR/Cas-assisted genetics in intestinal organoids
Jin Billy Li, Stanford University School of Medicine, USA
Abstract title: ADAR-mediated RNA editing
Jinsong Li, Shanghai Institute of Biochemistry & Cell Biology, CAS, CHINA
Abstract title: Spermatogenic Cell-Specific Gene Mutation in Mice via CRISPR-Cas9
Prashant Mali, University of California San Diego, USA
Abstract title: Therapeutic strategies via genome engineering: new approaches and new challenges
Keiji Nishida, Kobe University, JAPAN
Abstract title: Base editing from Bacteria to Plants
Osamu Nureki, The University of Tokyo, JAPAN
Abstract title: Molecular mechanism of CRISPR and structure-based development of genome editing tool towards medical applications
Stanley Lei Qi, Stanford University, USA
Yanli Wang, Institute of Biophysics, CAS, CHINA
Abstract title: The Molecular Architecture for RNA-Guided RNA Cleavage by Cas13a
Wensheng Wei, Peking University, CHINA
Abstract title: Mapping functional elements at single amino acid resolution in human cells by CRISPR-Cas9 screening
Scot Wolfe, UMass Medical School, USA
Abstract title: Orthogonal Cas9-Cas9 Fusions Provide a Versatile Platform for Precise Genome Editing
We encourage abstracts to contain new and unpublished materials. The abstracts must be submitted electronically by the abstract deadline. Selection of material for oral and poster presentation will be made by the organizers. Status (fellow's talk/poster) of abstracts will be posted on our web site as soon as decisions have been made by the organizers.
We are eager to have as many young people as possible attend since they are likely to benefit most from this meeting. A certain number of presentations by graduate students and postdocs in this conference will be selected as fellowship (USD $100-$500) awards. For more details, please visit Stipends
We look forward to seeing you at Suzhou in April, 2018.
March 26, 2018
Please kindly note:
1. Registration includes food, but does NOT include Housing. Due to requests from participants to provide more housing at lower prices, we have expanded our housing options to include some lower priced nearby hotels. After completing the online registration, you will receive a link to the full list of housing options.
*Reference Room Rate:
CNY 500 per standard room per night in the Conference Hotel (Worldhotel Grand Dushulake Suzhou)
Up from CNY 200 per standard room per night in nearby budget hotels (within 5 km)
CNY 400-700 per standard room per night in nearby 4-5 star hotels
2. The meeting registration is an integral package. We encourage all our participants to stay for the full meeting period and communicate with each other. No refund/discount or day pass is available for partial participation.
3. The early price will be available if the full payment is finished before the exact due date.
For USD participants, we will automatically change your package price to the update one if we could not successfully charge the payment from your registered credit card before the deadline.
For CNY participants, we will automatically change your package price to the update one if our bank account could not receive your full payment by wire transfer before the deadline.
4. For late registrations, your registration materials may not be guaranteed since the order is usually made in advance.
5. Please inform us your special request on food (vegetarian, kosher…etc.) or other things during the online registration or email us as early as possible so that we could make relevant arrangement accordingly.
6. Student package is exclusively designed for all the graduate, undergraduate and doctor students who have not received the doctor degree. (Student ID will be required upon arrival).