October 16-20, 2017
Abstract deadline: August 31, 2017
Paolo Bernardi, University of Padova, Italy
Andrew Dillin, University California, Berkeley, USA
Anu Suomalainen-Wartiovaara, University of Helsinki, Finland
Xiaodong Wang, National Institute of Biological Sciences, China
We are pleased to announce the Cold Spring Harbor Asia conference on Mitochondria which will be held in Suzhou, China, located approximately 60 miles west of Shanghai. The conference will begin at 7:00pm on the evening of Monday October 16, and will conclude after lunch on October 20, 2017.
The conference will include eight oral sessions and one poster session covering the latest findings across many topics in Mitochondria. Many talks will be selected from the openly submitted abstracts on the basis of scientific merit and relevance. Social events throughout the conference provide ample opportunity for informal interactions.
1. mtDNA transmission and diseases
2. Mitochondria in cell death
4. Quality control and mitophagy
5. Ion channels and their integration in signalling circuits
6. Calcium homeostasis and reactive oxygen species
7. Mitochondrial dynamics in health and disease
8. Role of supercomplexes in pathophysiology
9. Mitochondrial structure and energy transfer
10. Regulatory posttranslational modifications
José Antonio Enríquez, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos, SPAIN
Abstract title: Coenzyme Q redox status controls the dynamic configuration of the mitochondrial electron transport chain by reverse electron transport
Marcia Haigis, Harvard Medical School, USA
Brendan Battersby, University of Helsinki, FINLAND
Abstract title: Molecular interplay between mitochondrial proteotoxicity and membrane dynamics
Paolo Bernardi, University of Padova, ITALY
Abstract title: Molecular nature and regulation of the mitochondrial permeability transition pore
Navdeep Chandel, Northwestern University, USA
Quan Chen, Insitute of Zoology, CAS, CHINA
Abstract title: Mitochondrial FUNDC1 regulates selective mitophagy
Heping Cheng, Peking University, CHINA
Abstract title: Dendritic mitoflash as a putative signal for stabilizing longterm synaptic plasticity
Andrew Dillin, University of California, Berkeley, USA
Xiang-Dong Fu, University of California, San Diego, USA
Abstract title: Respiratory Chain Complex Reorganization in Mitochondria Generates Myogenic Signals to Enhance Muscle Differentiation
Gyorgy Hajnoczky, Thomas Jefferson University, USA
Abstract title: Ca2+-dependent control of mitochondrial Ca2+ uptake in neuronal health and disease
Matthew Hirschey, Duke University, USA
Abstract title: Improvements in cardiac function and bioenergetics by nicotinamide mononucleotide requires mitochondrial SIRT3
Hui Jiang, National Institute of Biological Sciences, CHINA
Abstract title: Molecular pathways of mitochondrial outer-membrane protein degradation
Daria Mochly-Rosen, Stanford University, USA
bstract title: Excessive mitochondrial fission through Drp1/Fis1 – a common therapeutic target for multiple neurodegenerative diseases?
Carlos Moraes, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, USA
Abstract title: Manipulating mtDNA with mitochondrial-targeted nucleases
Mike Murphy, MRC Mitochondrial Biology Unit, Cambridge, UK
Abstract title: Understanding and preventing mitochondrial oxidative damage
Jared Rutter, HHMI / University of Utah, USA
Abstract title: Functionalizing the Unannotated Mitochondrial Proteome
Luca Scorrano, University of Padova, ITALY
Anu Suomalainen-Wartiovaara, University of Helsinki, FINLAND
Aleksandra Trifunovic, University of Cologne, GERMANY
Abstract title: CLPP is a modulator of OXPHOS biogenesis
Xiaodong Wang, National Institute of Biological Sciences, CHINA
Ding Xue, University of Colorado, USA
Abstract title: Mechanisms of Maternal Mitochondrial Inheritance
Maojun Yang, Tsinghua University, CHINA
Abstract title: Structure of Human Mitochondrial Electron Transport Chain Supercomplex
We encourage abstracts to contain new and unpublished materials. The abstracts must be submitted electronically by the abstract deadline. Selection of material for oral and poster presentation will be made by the organizers. Status (fellow's talk/poster) of abstracts will be posted on our web site as soon as decisions have been made by the organizers.
We are eager to have as many young people as possible attend since they are likely to benefit most from this meeting. A certain number of presentations by graduate students and postdocs in this conference will be selected as fellowship (USD $100-$500) awards. For more details, please visit Stipends
We look forward to seeing you at Suzhou in October, 2017.
September 18, 2017
Please kindly note:
1. Registration includes food, but does NOT include Housing. Due to requests from participants to provide more housing at lower prices, we have expanded our housing options to include some lower priced nearby hotels. After completing the online registration, you will receive a link to the full list of housing options.
*Reference Room Rate:
CNY 500 per standard room per night in the Conference Hotel (Worldhotel Grand Dushulake Suzhou)
Up from CNY 200 per standard room per night in nearby budget hotels (within 5 km)
CNY 400-700 per standard room per night in nearby 4-5 star hotels
2. The meeting registration is an integral package. We encourage all our participants to stay for the full meeting period and communicate with each other. No refund/discount or day pass is available for partial participation.
3. The early price will be available if the full payment is finished before the exact due date.
For USD participants, we will automatically change your package price to the update one if we could not successfully charge the payment from your registered credit card before the deadline.
For CNY participants, we will automatically change your package price to the update one if our bank account could not receive your full payment by wire transfer before the deadline.
4. For late registrations, your registration materials may not be guaranteed since the order is usually made in advance.
5. Please inform us your special request on food (vegetarian, kosher…etc.) or other things during the online registration or email us as early as possible so that we could make relevant arrangement accordingly.
6. Student package is exclusively designed for all the graduate, undergraduate and doctor students who have not received the doctor degree. (Student ID will be required upon arrival).