CSHA/ISSCR Joint Meeting - Stem Cells: from Basic Biology to Disease Therapy
October 19-22, 2015
Abstract Deadline extended to: August 21, 2015
Hongkui Deng, Peking University, China
Andrew Elefanty, Murdoch Children’s Research Institute, Australia
Gordon Keller, McEwen Centre for Regenerative Medicine, Canada
Duanqing Pei, Guangzhou Institute of Biomedicine & Health, CAS, China
Kathrin Plath, UCLA School of Medicine, USA
We are pleased to announce the 3rd Cold Spring Harbor Asia and International Society for Stem Cell Research Joint conference which will be held in Suzhou, China, located approximately 60 miles west of Shanghai. The conference will begin at 7:00pm on the evening of Monday October 19, and will conclude after Banquet on October 22, 2015.
The conference will include eight oral sessions and one poster session covering the latest findings across many topics in stem cells. Many talks will be selected from the openly submitted abstracts on the basis of scientific merit and relevance. Social events throughout the conference provide ample opportunity for informal interactions.
· Pluripotent Stem cells
· Genome Editing
· Stem Cells of the Mesodermal Lineage
· Stem Cells of the Endodermal Lineage
· Road to the Clinic
Austin Smith, University of Cambridge, UNITED KINGDOM
Abstract title:Progression from the Embryonic Stem Cell Ground State
Sally Temple, Neural Stem Cell Institute, USA
Abstract title: Neural stem cells, their role in development and therapy development
Hongkui Deng, Peking University, College of Life Sciences, CHINA
Abstract title:Small Molecule-induced Cell Fate Reprogramming
Markus Grompe, Oregon Health and Sciences University, USA
Abstract title:Tissue regeneration in liver: plasticity or stem cells?
Dong Wook Han, School of Medicine Konkuk University, SOUTH KOREA
Abstract title:Transprogramming into hepatic lineage by defined factors
Danwei Huangfu ,Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, USA
Abstract title:Genome editing in human pluripotent stem cells for understanding the mechanisms of pancreatic development and diabetes
Weizhi Ji, Yunnan Key Laboratory of Primate Biomedical Research, CHINA
Abstract title:Establishing monkey models for human diseases via precision gene editing
Gordon Keller, McEwen Center for Regenerative Medicine, CANADA
Olivia Kelly, ViaCyte Inc., USA
Abstract title:Development of an Encapsulated Stem Cell-Based Therapy for Diabetes
Darrell Kotton, Boston University School of Medicine, USA
Abstract title:Endodermal differentiation of pluripotent stem cells to understand development and regenerate in vivo organ function
Hitoshi Niwa, RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology, JAPAN
Abstract title:Regulation of 2-cell specific gene expression in mouse ES cells
Il-Hoan Oh, Catholic University of Korea, KOREA
Abstract title:Microenvironmental Regulation of Normal and Malignant Hematopoietic Progenitors
Duanqing Pei ,Guangzhou Institute of Biomedicine and Health,CAS, CHINA
Abstract title:Cell Fate Decisions during Somatic Cell Reprogramming
Paul Simmons ,Mesoblast Ltd., AUSTRALIA
Jian Xu, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, USA
Abstract title:Non-coding Regulatory Genome in Blood Stem Cell Development and Diseases
Zhengqin Yin, Third Military Medical University, CHINA
Qi Zhou, The State Key Lab of Reproductive Biology, CAS, CHINA
Abstract title:Generation and application of pluripotent stem cells - from bench to bedside
We encourage abstracts to contain new and unpublished materials. The abstracts must be submitted electronically by the abstract deadline. Selection of material for oral and poster presentation will be made by the organizers. Status (fellow's talk/poster) of abstracts will be posted on our web site as soon as decisions have been made by the organizers.
We are eager to have as many young people as possible attend since they are likely to benefit most from this meeting. A certain number of presentations by graduate students and postdocs in this conference will be selected as fellowship (USD $100-$500) awards. For more details, please visit Stipends
We look forward to seeing you at Suzhou in October, 2015.
September 21, 2015
Please kindly note:
1. Registration includes food, but does NOT include Housing. Due to requests from participants to provide more housing at lower prices, we have expanded our housing options to include some lower priced nearby hotels. After completing the online registration, you will receive a link to the full list of housing options.
*Reference Room Rate:
CNY 500 per standard room per night in the Conference Hotel (Worldhotel Grand Dushulake Suzhou)
Up from CNY 200 per standard room per night in nearby budget hotels (within 5 km)
CNY 400-700 per standard room per night in nearby 4-5 star hotels
2. The meeting registration is an integral package. We encourage all our participants to stay for the full meeting period and communicate with each other. No refund/discount or day pass is available for partial participation.
3. The early price will be available if the full payment is finished before the exact due date.
For USD participants, we will automatically change your package price to the update one if we could not successfully charge the payment from your registered credit card before the deadline.
For CNY participants, we will automatically change your package price to the update one if our bank account could not receive your full payment by wire transfer before the deadline.
4. For late registrations, your registration materials may not be guaranteed since the order is usually made in advance.
5. Please inform us your special request on food (vegetarian, kosher…etc.) or other things during the online registration or email us as early as possible so that we could make relevant arrangement accordingly.
6. Student package is exclusively designed for all the graduate, undergraduate and doctor students who have not received the doctor degree. (Student ID will be required upon arrival).